Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nearly 20 months


It is has been a while since I have blogged, so I will start this blog for this month (or past two months) with the fun things Cooper is doing these days. He is now almost 20 months old and I can not believe how fast time goes by! He is now talking a lot more and will repeat almost anything we say.  He can now say his name very clearly. He is enjoying reading a lot these days and LOVES to play outside. He loves to play with bubbles and riding in his cars. Cooper usually cries every time we have to come in from playing.  He is into everything, climbs on everything, and out of everything!

Some of Cooper’s newest adventures include escaping from his crib. I had just put Cooper down for a nap the other day and after about 15 seconds in the crib he jumped off the mattress and dove head first out of the crib. Thankfully, I was there to brace his fall. First, we tried putting him in the pack and play, only to discover he could also get out of that! We have now moved him to a “big boy bed” and he is doing great. He has slept 2 nights in the new set up and has done great (sleeping all through the night.)

We were sad last month to find out I miscarried our twins at almost 12 weeks. We are trusting God through this situation and know His plans are better than ours. It is still hard some days, but we know our little ones are in a place that is “far better” (Philippians 1:23).  There are little reminders of the twins everywhere and God is faithful to comfort us through scripture, kind words from friends, card, emails, etc. It does get a little easier every day and having to keep up with Cooper gets my mind off of things. We are also so thankful for Cooper and what a blessing from God he is in our lives.  Going through this makes us long for Heaven even more.  We hope in a day when we will all be together and all that is wrong in this world will be made right!

No comments:

Post a Comment